Re: beagles eating my /var filesystem

On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 09:19 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> I suppose I could do a dpkg -S <file> on each of those ~38000 entries
> and make sure there is supposed to be a file installed for all of them.

OK.  Did this.  Quite astounding.

> I don't think dpkg -S is terribly efficient (as opposed to rpm -qf
> <file>) though and it might to quite a bit of churning to do that
> cross-verification.

It was not at all as inefficient as I thought it would be.  However, get
this:

dpkg: /usr/share/gnome/help/games/hu/games.xml%23ubuntu-arcade-maze not found.

This is only one of many examples:

brian pc:/XXX$ grep not\ found /tmp/foobar | wc -l
33422

33422 examples!

So, it would seem that delete is not quite working.

b.