Re: GSoc weekly report (Browser Extension Rewrite)

2007/8/7, Joe Shaw <joe joeshaw org>:
> Hi,
>
> On 8/6/07, Tao Fei <filia tao gmail com> wrote:
> > 2007/8/7, Joe Shaw <joe joeshaw org>:
> > > I've been playing around with the new extension, and I'm seeing a
> > > little inconsistent behavior with it.  I wonder if it's related to me
> > > having the old Beagle extension installed as well (although I disabled
> > > that one).
> >
> > Yes. That's the problem.
> > I use the same preference name "beagle.enabled" with the old extension.
> > Fixed now. Using "beagle.autoindex.active" now, the tooltip is also updated.
> > "beagle.enabled" is wrong word, as it doesn't affect on-demand index.
>
> Cool, I'll give it a test later today.
>
> We should keep in mind a migration path for the old extension.
> Ideally the new one will just be a drop-in replacement, and if we
> could migrate the basic settings (ie, enabled/disabled and a
> whitelist/blacklist) that would be ideal.
Oh. You can import the preference from old extension. ( just open the
preference window, and you can see the button).
May be I should  imported them silently  when the new extension is installed.
>We'll may also want to use
> the same UUID so that upgrades are done cleanly, if there's no method
> for obsoleting other extensions.
The same UUID ? I guess we only need to modified the install.rdf to
change the UUID.

--
Tao Fei (陶飞)
My Blog: blog.filia.cn