Re: beagle-search: Showing the top 2 of 3 total matches

Hi,

On 4/2/07, Stephan Hegel <stephan hegel gmx de> wrote:
Felix E. Klee wrote:
> Unfortunately, it doesn't allow more results:
>
>      --max-hits
>           Reduce  the  number  of  search  results  returned  per
>           backend.  The default  is  100, and  this  is also  the
>           maximum allowed.  --stats-only  Show only statistics on
>           the number  of search results  and how long it  took to
>           get them, and not the results themselves.
The help and the man page seem to be wrong. In fact, beagle-query
can return more results. I've just tried with --max-hits 200 and got
142.

The man page and --help output is wrong.  There is no limit to the
value --max-hits takes.  I just checked in fixed text.

Note that increasing this will slow down searches and use more memory
(although both of these are substantially improved on the trunk).