Re: beagle-search: Showing the top 2 of 3 total matches

At Sun, 1 Apr 2007 21:02:06 -0400,
D Bera wrote:
> > > Which version of beagle are you using ?
> >
> > 0.2.16, which I downloaded and installed on Mar-13.
> >
> > Hm, maybe I should upgrade to 0.2.16.3.
>
> Ah. Then there is some other issue. The bug I was referring to was
> fixed before 0.2.16. You can do one thing, the next time you see
> beagle-search not displaying all the results, note down the query and
> send us the output of $ beagle-query --verbose <query>

I will, and also I just upgraded.

Something else: According to the beagle-query man page, only a maximum
of 100 search results can be returned per backend.  How can I increase
this number to, say, 10,000?  As said before, I often get dozens if not
hundreds of search results in email files that can be easily filtered,
either visually (in beagle-search) or programatically as follows:

  beagle-query something | grep -vE '/[0-9]+$'

If the limit cannot be extended, then that's a severe limitation which
unfortunately would mean that beagle cannot be used as a general purpose
desktop search tool.

--
Felix E. Klee
Jabber: feklee jabber org, SIP: 9779619 sipgate de, Skype: felix.klee