Re: Matching partial strings?

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 09:05 +0200, Daniel Naber wrote:
> On Dienstag 27 Juni 2006 04:24, Adrian Sai-wah Tam wrote:
>
> > Actually, I agree that having partial string match is difficult (in
> > terms of computational complexity) and not possible due to performance
> > reasons.
>
> Lucene can do these kind of queries, using the WildcardQuery class. Just
> note that at least the Java version of Lucene doesn't accept "*" as the
> first character when using QueryParser, but creating a WildcardQuery like
> "*foo*" using the API works. However, this is slow. Faster solutions have
> been discussed on the Lucene mailing list, using a special way to rotate
> terms.
>
> regards
>  Daniel

>From this mail to the mailing list I understand that I actually got an
answer to my question ( I assume that Adrian answered to someone else ).
However, I did not see any answer other than Daniel's mail. The mailing
list archive is not up to date so I cannot see if the answers are there.

Is there anyone else who monitors this thread that is missing the
mails?

And could anyone inform me on the final verdict concerning my question,
based on the mails?

TIA

--
Groeten,