Re: This is not a CVS folder

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 22:53 -1000, Alec Burney wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 10:32 +0200, Alessandro Magni wrote:
> > kevin kubasik net wrote:
> > > hey, a good option might be to try re-installing konqeror, as that
> > > will traditionaly re-associate the mimetype of folders with konqeror.

> > I tried everything without success: folders always open with Cervisia,
> > and in no way Nautilus allows me to change that.
> > So I did this dirty hack (very dirty indeed!): never using cervisia, I
> > mv'd-it, and in its place I put this 2-liner in perl, which I called
> > cervisia:
> >
> > #!/usr/bin/perl -w
> > `konsole --notabbar --nomenubar -e mc $ARGV[0]`
> >
> > BUT - although it works when I call it directly: $> cervisia /tmp  =>
> > opens a Konsole with mc pointing to /tmp, from beagle-search it doesnt
> > work this way.
> >
> > I checked, and saw that beagle-search outputs (when opening a folder)
> > this output:
> >
> > Cmd: cervisia
> > Arg: -caption "%c" %i %m
> > Itm: file:///0ale/ThinFilms/Fiber/Fe50Co50
> > ScimInputContextPlugin()
> > ~ScimInputContextPlugin()
> >
> > ... so the path is not on the command line! Then, how can I get from the
> > called command (my script) this Itm value?
> >
> > thanks for your help, people...
> >

> > alessandro
> >

> your technique works - i use a similar script to open movies in mplayer.
> my question, though, is if you're sure that $ARGV[0] is the right one
> for you. note how it says
> > Arg: -caption "%c" %i %m
> maybe the first argument is not the one you want. i would replace your
> script with a bash script that prints all the arguments
> #!/bin/bash
> echo $@
> and then test it and see if it's calling it with just the path, or with
> extra stuff. the argument you want may very well be another one. i hope
> this helps you out. good luck!
oh, not to flood - two more things:
i know you were already told that you can change the default in
nautilus, but are you sure you were trying in nautilus, not in
beagle-search? that option should definitely be there
in nautilus, have you tried right clicking the folder (or one like it)
going to properties, selecting the open with tab and using the "add"
button to add konqueror and clicking its radial button to select it as
the default? should work.
and, a bash script would probably be sufficient for your hack. or at
least system() in perl. using backticks will capture the output into
ram, which sucks. although this isn't a problem if your konqueror
immediately forks, like nautilus or something.
good luck!