Call to test CVS

Hi everybody,

There has been a ton of great work going on in CVS since the 0.2.13
release, and I would like to do a 0.2.14 release pretty soon to get the
new features out there and address the issues people have been seeing
with the 0.2.13 release.  To do that, however, we need your help in
testing the code in CVS.

Among the features needed testing:

        * The new notification area in beagle-search that's displayed
        while the initial indexing process is running.

        * Making sure the date/time issues are all fixed; local times
        should be reported correctly in the user interfaces, and files
        shouldn't be frequently reindexed because of a confusion between
        local time and UTC.

        * The "automatically start search services" checkbox in
        beagle-settings now actually uses the GNOME (soon
        freedesktop.org) autostart system.  Please check that it does
        the right thing.

        * New filter which indexes contents of archive files (zip, tar,
        gz, bz2).

        * Changes to the way indexing is done; in particular we want to
        make sure that archive contents and mail attachments are indexed
        and searched correctly.

        * That common file operations like creating, modifing, moving,
        renaming, and deleting files works correctly, particularly for
        files inside archives.

        * Whether archives and files inside archives are displayed
        correctly in the beagle-search tool.

        * As always, memory usage while indexing.

If people could generate some package snapshots for others, that'd be
great.  I'm going to try to whip up packages in the openSUSE build
service for at least SLED 10, openSUSE 10.1, and 10.2.

Thanks,