Re: GSoC project - Synchronization with Mobile Devices

> I opted to only concern myself with phones that are paired. That way
> probing is really cheap because it doesnt involve firing up the
> bluetooth radio, lol. I'm also talking to hadess about extending the
> pairing wizard so that you can click 'Sync my contacts' and 'Sync my
> calendar' while pairing your device.
>
> I think there might be some plan to have HAL like data about bluetooth
> devices, too.

I agree. I think the *right way* to do this would be similar to how it works
with SynCE - a HAL callout adds additional information about a device sync
capabilities.

*However* I would get something going first, even if the information about
phone capabilities is pulled from the comprehensive online gammu database [1].

Once that works we can think about generalising it to the HAL level.
HAL might have disappeared by then anyway

John

[1] http://cihar.com/gammu/phonedb/