GSoC project - Synchronization with Mobile Devices

Hello everyone,

first of all, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Peter Somlo,
I'm a computer science student at Czech Technical University in
Prague. For the upcoming summer I have decided to apply for a Google
Summer of Code, fortunately my project proposal has been accepted, so
I'm getting ready to do my best :).

A significant part of my project will be connected with the lovely
software you are developing, therefore I'd like to kindly ask you to
comment upon my proposal published on my blog (don't be confused by
the word “blog”, it's just a single article for now). I know, that
there has been a lot of work on the plugins I've mentioned in the
proposal and I'm not 100% familiar with their current state, so some
information might be inaccurate. From the plugins, I would like to
focus on the support of Gammu, as my mentor in the GSoC is a developer
of it.

For now I'm trying to gain better insight into the whole
Linux-Mobile-Synchronization world. I'm planing to start coding in the
beginning of June, by that time, I would like to iterate to a more
exact plan about what has to/can be done, and I'd appreciate your
advices also on the parts not directly related to Conduit. Right now,
I'm preparing for my exams, so I don't have much spare time, but I'll
definitely join you on IRC :)

Cheers,

Peter

http://blog.lastbeat.org/peter/