Re: Google Contacts and Instant Messaging

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Fabio Rafael da Rosa <fabiorafael rosa gmail com> wrote:
but we still have a problem for Skype, gadu gadu and some other
protocols .

A few ideas (just what I've seen in general because of my experience with other synchronization programs):
* Don't synchronize anything that doesn't exist in both directions.
* Dump anything from X that doesn't fit in Y into some sort of Notes/Other field.
* Well, I think those are the best immediate ones, but patching Evolution to match Gmail's contact types would be worthwhile (at least for our purposes).

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net