Re: Google Contacts and Instant Messaging

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Fabio Rafael da Rosa <fabiorafael rosa gmail com> wrote:
I thougth about doing that, but, how will conduit behave, for example,
when I change some information on evolution(that has the gtalk set as a
jabber account), and then I try to sink the contact with google ?
I'll change the gtalk entry to jabber, correct ?
Do we want that ? Seems a little bit "buggy"... doesn't it ?

I think one step at a time. If evolution doesnt deal with it well then it can be adjusted. It more sensible to get something going first then to insist on the perfect solution, which may require fixing evolution, which may take a long time.

John

Em Seg, 2008-09-22 às 07:49 -0400, Andrew Conkling escreveu:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Fabio Rafael da Rosa
> <fabiorafael rosa gmail com> wrote:
>         While developing, I noticed that Evolution does not have and
>         entry for
>         Gtalk, Skype, and some newer instant messenger.
>         What should I do in this case ?.
>         Just keep it the way it was, or should I try do convert that
>         do
>         something else.
>
> If I recall, Evolution has an option for Jabber, which is a general
> form of Google Talk, so you could at least make that conversion
> successfully.
>
> --
> Andrew Conkling
> http://andrewski.net