Re: Starting Some Documentation Tonight

I've gotten the following done so far - I unfortunately don't have
more time tonight.   Friday or saturday I should be able to get a bit
further into it.   Please correct me on anything I have gotten wrong
so far.   I was doing this in open office so some of the initial
formatting is done - just copying and pasting to plain text will take
some more time then the few minutes I have left tonight.

I'll be on e-mail during the day tomorrow  but tomorrow night I'll be
unavailable.   I wish all of you a happy valentines day.

Conduit 0.3.6

What is Conduit
Conduit is a synchronization solution for GNOME which allows the user
to take their emails, files, bookmarks, and any other type of personal
information and synchronize that data with another computer, an online
service, or even another electronic device.
Conduit manages the synchronization and conversion of data into other
formats. For example, conduit allows you to;
Synchronize your tomboy notes to a file on a remote computer
Synchronize your emails to your mobile phone
Synchronize your bookmarks to delicious, gmail, or even your own webserver
and many more...
The goal of conduit is anticipate any combination you can imagine,
Conduit will take care of the conversion and synchronization.

Synchronization

Conduit supports syncing with data providers in three different modes.
The first method is a one way synchronization from one data type to
another type, this takes the data and moves it over to one or more
data providers.
 The second data synchronization method is a two way sync that keeps
the data between two data providers up to date.
The third method is always up to date, this method watches the two
data providers and watches for changes.   If there are any changes on
either side it will replicate the changes on the other data provider.
There is some limitations to the synchronization type you wish to use
based on a couple of factors:
If you are syncing from one data providers to two or more data
providers Conduit only supports a one way sync.
Some data providers only support a one way sync – either sending or
receiving depending on what the API the data provider was written to
supports.

Synchronization also supports an option called slow sync.  This option
is useful when you are dealing with data providers that either need a
slower data rate sent to it or may falsely ban you for the amount of
data transfer burst over the time it takes to sync.

Data Providers

Data providers are the the heart and soul of Conduit.   You choose one
data provider type and group with one or more data types and this is
how you choose the data options to sync.

Data Provider Category:
Media
Photos
Files and Folders
Notes
Office
Google
Misc.

To configure a data provider drag it to the left grouping pain and
right click on it selecting configure item.   You may also right click
on the item and click refresh.  This will check and make sure that the
data provider is configured correctly.

The Media data category type is primarily for music and music play
lists.   There are two default data provider types underneath this
category:

Rhythm Box Music – this allows you to do a one way sync of your rhythm
box music playlists.  This is a one way syn module.  It can receive
playlists from other data providers.

Banshee Playlists -– this allows you to do a one way sync of your
Banshee Player playlists.  This is a one way syn module.  It can
receive playlists from other data providers.

The Photos data category is primarily used for syncing photos from one
data provider to another.   There are six data providers beneath this
category:

F-Spot Photos – this allows you to sync from Gnomes F-Spot photo
Organizer.   This sends photos to other data providers.
Configuration options allow you to select the tags you wish to
synchronization to a remote data provider.

Shutterfly – this allows you to sync to your Shutterfly web photo
storage account located at www.shutterfly.com.   This is a one way
sync data provider.  It can receive photos from other data providers.
Configuration options include entering in your username/password
combination and album.

Notes

Your username is the e-mail address you signed up to the service with
You must enter in an album name

Facebook - this allows you to sync to your Facebook account located at
www.facebook.com.  This is a one way sync data provider.  It can
receive photos from other data providers.  Currently only syncing
photos to your Facebook account is supported.

Notes:
Everytime you restart Conduit and sync to this data provider a browser
applet will load and have you log into facebook to authorize this
application

Picasa

SmugMug

Flickr -  this allows you to sync from your Flickr web photo storage
account located at www.flickr.com.   This is a two way sync data
provider.  It can send and receive photos from other data providers.
Configuration options include entering in your username and photo set
name.  Additional configuration options are selecting whether your
Photos are public – if this option is not checked the photos synced to
it are set to private.   You also have the option to resize the photos
to different resolutions options include 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768.

Notes:
Your username you configure is your Flickr public name not the Yahoo
ID you login to flickr with