Re: LoopBack Feature?

I was thinking on something like effectv do. It uses the vloopback
system to feed a virtual video device with the effects it generates.
I guess I would need to have a vloopback-like system, but for v4l2, and
a cheese support to work with that. Sure the system need to be a kernel
module, like vloopback itself. But cheese need to talk to it.

I think v4l2d (Jean-Michel Bouffard) may work for this, but I'll need to
take a better look on it, and the version I have here is outdated (early
2005) and I cant find any new on new versions of it. The main idea of
vloopback is to create pipes so multiple software can access video, and
that is not necessary on v4l2, so I guess is because of that nobody
works on vloopback for v4l2... That is another reason why I'm writing
here, maybe more people are interested on finding a solution to use the
effects for video streaming on amsn, skype, ekiga, etc, wich would be a
other use for a vloopback like system.