Re: GnomeCard conduit for gnome-pilot

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Ideally, the CORBA interfaces should be useful for non-gnome apps as
> > well. This step makes that harder.
>
> This indeed makes sense, but the current way the vCard structure is
> defined is just not extensible.
>
> Probably having an interface like this would make sense:
>
> vCard {
>       string get_value (in string key);
> }

This does make more sense than just returning the entire vCard. We'll
need some sort of iterator though (sorry for stating the obvious). We
should also remember that there may be more than one email address, the
same goes for most of the fields (as I recall, it's been a while since I
read the vCard spec).

But this still looses the semantic of an attribute. IMHO attributes
should appear as such, so a sequence of name/value pairs would be
preferable even to this.

./borup