Re: Joliet extensions and files with no filename extension

Well, it turns out that on RHEL7, the mkisofs is a symbolic-link to the /etc/alternatives stuff and it is really pointing to genisoimage.
So the real mkisofs is not there at all.
For my specific purposes, the genisoimage seems to work correctly (or at least as I expect it to).

In brasero, there are precious few settings you can mess with.
Under the Edit->Plugins menu, you can see what it found, but cannot change much. It realizes that mkisofs is a symbolic link and has it unchecked and then the genisoimage is checked. These are all disabled/read-only and just FYI. Have not found a way to unlock that so it can be messed with.

I couldn't find any xorriso package in the RHEL repos, so I downloaded the source code and compiled it.
ldd on xorriso does not show it using anyone's flavor of libisofs.so.
Looking at the makefile, it looks like the xorriso libisofs .o files are linked directly into the executable, so that makes sense.

I didn't think to dig deeper on the brasero "plugin" libraries. I guess they're just thin wrappers around other stuff. An ldd on the brasero-libisofs.so shows that it links /lib64/libisofs.so.6 which I see is from your project.
Now I'm in sync with you. :)

The libisofs package on RHEL7 is version 1.2.8 built in January 2014.

Let's see if I am savvy enough with Google Drive. Never used it before.
Please try this link to download "brasero.iso".

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-hhKrbg0d77TmlSMlNVTkI4aHM

There is a single, empty file called "no_ext" in the image.

I am using the IsoBuster program to analyze these discs and images.
One cosmetic(?) oddity is that the Joliet extension's name looks truncated.
The volume name is just the date "21 Jul 16", but on the Joliet extension it shows as just "21 Ju".

I really appreciate the help and education, gentlemen.

Thanks!

- Mike