Re: Communicate with Brasero through D-Bus ?

Le mardi 25 mai 2010 à 21:18 +0200, ZedTuX a écrit :
> On Mon, 24 May 2010 21:32:46 +0200, Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>
> wrote:
> > Maybe I’m missing something here, but wouldn’t it be more generic to
> > program such dock the other way? The board could expose a D-Bus
> > interface, and plugins for each program would connect to it. All the
> > difficulty, of course, if to have an interface that is generic enough
> > and not too complex.

> If you expose an interface to D-Bus, you don't need any kind of plugins.
> Methods are published to the D-Bus server, and my app as a D-Bus client
> connect to this server to call methods, to get properties or link himself
> to signals.
>
> I think I've not really understand your suggestion maybe ?

I’m afraid so.

With your approach, you are asking each application you want to support
to expose a suitable D-Bus API, and you will have to add support for
each of them in a different way.

I’m wondering whether you should instead expose a D-Bus API *in the
dock*, and connect to it from plugins for each of the programs. This
would make the whole thing simpler and more easily extensible, provided
that you can design an appropriate D-Bus API.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :