Re: Communicate with Brasero through D-Bus =?UTF-8?Q?=3F?=

On Mon, 24 May 2010 21:32:46 +0200, Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>
wrote:
> Le lundi 17 mai 2010 à 10:06 +0200, ZedTuX a écrit :
>> http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Board?content=108821
>>
>> I'm writing this application, using D-Bus. I already have implemented
>> what
>> I name 'module' for Rhythmbox and Exaile, and I'm looking to do the
same
>> for Brasero.
>
> Maybe I’m missing something here, but wouldn’t it be more generic to
> program such dock the other way? The board could expose a D-Bus
> interface, and plugins for each program would connect to it. All the
> difficulty, of course, if to have an interface that is generic enough
> and not too complex.
>
> --
>  .''`.      Josselin Mouette
> : :' :
> `. `'  “If you behave this way because you are blackmailed by someone,
>   `-    […] I will see what I can do for you.”  -- Jörg Schilling

Hi Josselin,

If you expose an interface to D-Bus, you don't need any kind of plugins.
Methods are published to the D-Bus server, and my app as a D-Bus client
connect to this server to call methods, to get properties or link himself
to signals.

I think I've not really understand your suggestion maybe ?

About complexity, no big deal. I ( and other future reporting applets? )
just need to be informed if Brasero is burning, and if it's the case, know
how many percent is done and maybe the remaining time.