Re: Brasero 2.27.91 release

Denis Leroy <denis poolshark org> wrote:

> On 09/02/2009 02:52 PM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > If you like verify that you are really interested, you could e.g. upgrade to a
> > recent libscg......
>
> I've been moving away from libscg actually, for a variety of reasons. We
> can move this discussion to the cdrdao development mailing list.

What are your reasons? Do you like to remove the portability?

> > BTW: writing nonsense about the red book specs does not make you look serious.
>
> Can you be more specific ? I'm talking about
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Book_(audio_CD_standard)
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, this is not a free document. Although I'm
> reasonably familiar with the audio CD format, there's a long-standing
> bug in cdrdao (#604751) that is difficult to process without the
> detailed specs. Keep in mind I'm not the original author of cdrdao.

I have no idea why you came up with "let your eomployer pay me a red book
standard"....

You may not be the original author of cdrdao but the original author did decide
to no longer collaborate with cdrtools after he received the needed information
and code from Heiko Eißfeldt and me to allow him to compete rather then
collaborating.

If you like to change this impression for the cdrdao project, I recommend you
to work on creating a new impression.

BTW: the main problem with cdrdao is not missing knowledge on the red book but
a suboptimal BIN/CUE implementation. Cdrecord offers a more complete CUE parser
and thus is better suited to write BIN/CUE based data.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg schily isdn cs tu-berlin de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       js cs tu-berlin de                (uni)