Brasero GUI mockup

Hi,

I hope this email makes the list. Have not been following discussions, but here is an idea for the Brasero GUI. Its a proposal to make the file browser more compact and to simplify the Preview GUI while giving more feedback about media capacity.

Here is the mock-up:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/123544/Brasero%20mockup.jpg

Referring to the aforementioned linked mock-up:

1) The widget from Banshee and Ubiquity is very nice for displaying file system info. Perhaps Brasero could use it as well. The legend in my mock-up is obviously fubar. Perhaps the legend could distinguished pre-existing sessions as well as free space etc.

2) Moreover, I edited the file system widget to have a medium type and space remaining label. 3) The Sidepane has been made more compact by utilising a TreeView as seen in Nautilus.

4) I personally don't think the Preview feature is that useful, so i have simply used a Preview button to preview the contents of a selected multimedia file, a la Nero. If the file is of an audio type then it would playback without any GUI change. If the file was a video then a separate window would open to display the Video content (similar to DVDRip behavior). IMHO, could such a feature simply use gnome-launch or similar to launch the file with its preferred app?

Keen to hear the lists feedback.

Regards,
Matthew