[Banshee-List] Banshee won't recognize Android phone

I'm trying to use Banshee to sync my music files with my Samsung Galaxy S4
but Banshee doesn't show that my phone is connected. I don't know if this is
related but I can connect my phone and manage files through the file manager
but as soon as I open Banshee up, the file manager stops being able to
access my phone. When I go in through the file manager and try to open it, I
specifically get "Unable to open MTP device '[usb:008,002]".

I'm running Mint 17.1. Let me know if I need to provide more information.
Thanks!