Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee won't recognize Android phone

On 11/06/15 18:12, wittja01 wrote:
I'm trying to use Banshee to sync my music files with my Samsung Galaxy S4
but Banshee doesn't show that my phone is connected. I don't know if this is
related but I can connect my phone and manage files through the file manager
but as soon as I open Banshee up, the file manager stops being able to
access my phone. When I go in through the file manager and try to open it, I
specifically get "Unable to open MTP device '[usb:008,002]".

I'm running Mint 17.1. Let me know if I need to provide more information.
Thanks!

What version of banshee are you running? There have been some MTP improvements in the master branch, you may want to try that if you know how to compile software.