Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee won't recognize Android phone

On Thu, 2015-06-11 at 09:12 -0700, wittja01 wrote:
I'm trying to use Banshee to sync my music files with my Samsung
Galaxy S4 but Banshee doesn't show that my phone is connected. I
don't know if this is related but I can connect my phone and manage
files through the file manager but as soon as I open Banshee up, the
file manager stops being able to access my phone. When I go in
through the file manager and try to
open it, I specifically get "Unable to open MTP device
'[usb:008,002]".

I have managed an Android device using mass-storage.  The trick is to
create the .is_audio_player file in the root of the device's
filesystem.

Contents like:

audio_folders=Music/
folder_depth=2
output_formats=audio/mp3

At least that has worked in the past.  I don't recall ever using an MTP
device.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383