Re: [Banshee-List] Unable to get 2.9.2 - advice requested

Hi LJ sorry for my late reply.

On 20/03/14 12:54, Late-Junction wrote:
With regard to your commendable suggestion that I do something to help fix
the problems, I want to say:

1. I am an end-user, with all that that description implies: I listen to
music A LOT which is why I would like to use Banshee, but I am at the
technical limits of my ability just in understanding the use of a mailing
list! I have no ability to make a useful contribution to your development
efforts.

Ok! noted.

2. If you, as a developer, know there is an error in your web-site, why
don't you talk directly to your web-site administrator, in language you both
understand?

It's not about being able to do the change. I'm actually a maintainer so
I can do the change myself if I wanted (I have direct access, no need to
talk with the web admin). It's about having the time and finding the
best solution.

Surely that's far more resource efficient and quicker than
getting somebody like me, with no track record of raising valid or credible
bug reports, to do that. It also looks better to end-users in that
misleading web-sites get corrected quicker.

Being an end-user doesn't prevent you from filing the bug report though.
And by having the bug report filed, a developer could ask for your
feedback on the bug (for example, he could attach a mockup to ask you if
it would solve your problem from your point of view).

Also, the reason I mention how to fix something in a technical level is
because we're communicating in a mailinglist/forum, so it's not only us
reading this. There could be a technical person willing dedicate his
spare time to jump on the issue and try to fix it.

Thanks!