[Banshee-List] Unable to get 2.9.2 - advice requested

I'm not new to Linux but I am technically obsolete.

I'm trying to install Banshee version 2.9.2 on my Linux Mint 16 Xfce 32 bit
system, following the instructions on the Banshee web-site about adding the
necessary PPA. Those instruction do not seem to fit well with Mint 16.

The version of Banshee installed by default on Mint 13 Xfce is 2.6.1.3 (this
doesn't seem to work which will be the subject of another help request, not
relevant here).

Using Software Sources app in Mint 16 I have added the following PPA:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/ppa/ubuntu saucy main
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/banshee-team-ppa-saucy.list

A similar PPA for the source code has also been added.

When I use Synaptic Package Manager to query the level of Banshee installed
and avaialbe, there is no appearance of version 2.9.2 and the installed
version remains as 2.6.1.3.

What have I done wrong?