Re: [Banshee-List] Fetching Metadata

I have tried uninstalling my existing Banshee using the software centre, and
installing the version there (which should presumably be the newest
version). However it does not resolve the issue and when I go to the Help
tab in the program, it tells me I am using 1.6.1. I have also tried
downloading a 2.6 package from the banshee site itself, but my computer
doesn't want to install it - I extract the package, and click the INSTALL
file, but the computer sits and does nothing.