Re: [Banshee-List] Won't sync to iPod nano 3g under Banshee 2.6

On 14/11/12 03:50, helotbc wrote:
Going with the read only file system, I tried the terminal.  The iPod_Control
directory is owned by "99", so I thought I'd start there.  Chmod and chown
commands were rejected with a reply of "read only file system".  I also
attempted to modify the root of the iPod, with same "read only" results.
Thoughts?

I've had issues with Ubuntu mounting iPod as readonly*. I cannot really say what's the problem is, but sometimes disconnecting and connecting the iPod again seemed to fix it. It's very random.

  Andres

* Ideally, Banshee should be able to detect this (I wrote some patch some time ago, but realised it wasn't really finished, so I didn't chase the maintainers yet to get it committed), instead of giving errors when trying to sync.