Re: [Banshee-List] Won't sync to iPod nano 3g under Banshee 2.6

Andres,  Thanks for the reply.  I've gotten a little further since this post.  I found that the iPod was formatted as "hfsplus" which is journaled.  Linux won't write to a journaled filesystem.  I have since formatted as vfat and have gotten music on the device.  The problem now is that the iPod won't detect the files with it's own system.  It tells me there is "no music" on the device.  I'll keep digging.  Thx again.

- Brendan

-----Original Message-----
From: Andres G. Aragoneses [via Banshee Media Player] <[hidden email]>
To: helotbc <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tue, Nov 20, 2012 3:55 pm
Subject: Re: Won't sync to iPod nano 3g under Banshee 2.6

On 14/11/12 03:50, helotbc wrote:
> Going with the read only file system, I tried the terminal.  The iPod_Control
> directory is owned by "99", so I thought I'd start there.  Chmod and chown
> commands were rejected with a reply of "read only file system".  I also
> attempted to modify the root of the iPod, with same "read only" results.
> Thoughts?

I've had issues with Ubuntu mounting iPod as readonly*. I cannot really
say what's the problem is, but sometimes disconnecting and connecting
the iPod again seemed to fix it. It's very random.

   Andres

* Ideally, Banshee should be able to detect this (I wrote some patch
some time ago, but realised it wasn't really finished, so I didn't chase
the maintainers yet to get it committed), instead of giving errors when
trying to sync.