Re: [Banshee-List] New Install > Sound but no Video

Which version of Banshee are you using and from which source? What GStreamer packages do you have installed? Do the files play in Totem (or whatever KDE's equivalent media player is)? Do you get any relevant log messages when you Banshee from the command-line?

In general, Banshee can play anything that you've got the GStreamer packages for, as it uses GStreamer as the back-end. I did read that there are a couple of exceptions, but I think they're quite odd corner cases.