Re: [Banshee-List] Sync to Folder / plans for Dap on Mac OS X?

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Timo Dörr <timo latecrew de> wrote:
> Am 20.09.2011, 15:02 Uhr, schrieb Andres G. Aragoneses <knocte gmail com>:
>
>> On 09/17/2011 03:37 PM, Timo Dörr wrote:
>>>
>>> I've just subbmited a merge request for the 'DirectorySync' addin to BCE
>>> after doing some cleanup:
>>>

>>> https://gitorious.org/banshee-community-extensions/banshee-community-extensions/merge_requests/6
>>
>> Awesome thanks. But I wonder if DirectorySync is a good name for it,
>> because it can be confusing (non-Mac users may install it, when they don't
>> need it). IMHO this should be renamed to MacDeviceSync or something like
>> that.
>
> Well the naming is open to suggestions :) I use mainly for syncing my NAS
> located mp3s (which are only available in my home network) to my macbook, so
> that I have music on the go. This is not neccessarily tied to Mac OS, the
> same use case can happen on linux systems. I don't know if on linux its
> possible to add the "laptop" as a device to sync to, but on Mac its
> definitely not possible due to missing Dap support. Syncing it to
> MassStorage is another usecase.

I think there is indeed a general usecase : syncinc to a storage
location which is accessible through a folder, but which is not an
audio device : laptop with a shared folder, regular usb key to create
a modern mixtape, etc.

For the name, I'm thinking FolderSync would be better, I just don't
like the word "Directory". I'll see how it feels after I've played
with the extension a bit.

I'm quite busy these days, so I'll try to process your merge request
later, maybe this week-end. Just so you know you're not being ignored
;)

--
Bertrand Lorentz