[Banshee-List] Sync to Folder / plans for Dap on Mac OS X?

Hi everybody,

since iTunes sucks big time when handling media files stored on a NAS, I looked on current banshee-on-mac status and found the recently posted Lion build (see mail: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/2011-September/msg00020.html) which works quite good on my snow leopard machine, too (with the same mentioned dragging glitches that were discussed for Lion). Kudos for that build, btw!

Now I found that banshee on mac has disabled all kind of Dap/device syncing stuff. As I store all my music on a NAS in the network, I occasinally need to sync some playlists with new/recent music to my macbook and my android device when I'm at home to have some music with me on the go.

That's why I've started a little hacking and created a basic DirectorySync Addin, which is currently capable to do this. Everything is very ugly right now but the copy process to my android device and creation of .m3u lists works so far. See a screenshot here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14469783/Ohne%20Titel.png

Now I dug into the banshee sourcecode and found most of the functionality i imeplemented is arelady there in the Dap/MassStorage backends. I think a cleaner solution would be for me to implement a new device type "FolderDevice" based on the device interfaces already defined and have banshee do all the syncing. But it seems to me the Dap stuff is tightly coupled to dbus/gnome libs for hardware detection, which is the reason its disabled on Mac OS X builds, isn't it?

Is there currently a roadmap for banshee on mac that will introduce basic Dap stuff at least to some extend where all current devices are not compiled in, but the core syncing infrastructe? That way I could create a FolderDevice backend that would be usable on mac. If that's currently not the case, I would continue to work on the addin-based solution and maybe do some cleanup and refactoring to try getting it into mainline BCE. Of course only if there is demand by users for that addin.

Feedback highly appreciated!

Greetings,
Timo Dörr