Re: [Banshee-List] Mockup for Banshee 2.0 toolbar.

In terms of UI I wanted to try my hand at it also, and its now 3 in the morning and I have something mildly presentable, could you please elaborate further on your comment about being "singleton heavy" I'm not sure I understand you David. Could I use this as an opportunity to try gather support for a move towards putting together design team for banshee. I figured most important would be for us to look at how we can engineer a unique experience for users giving the interface as much flow as possible should allow for ease of use and it will also help in making banshee stand out from other linux multimedia apps below are a few ideas of mine hopefully everything is coherent enough. Please let me know what everybody thinks. 1. Remove list view pane 2. Give option on view modes (grid view, list view, etc) 3. Remove Cover Art pane at bottom left 4. Include Repeat and Shuffle button 5. Include buttons for view change 6. Do the same when browsing videos Banshee Mockup 1: Grid View The grid view I think would work well as a default option because it gives as much information about accessible media at one goal, thumbnails on top and information at the bottom. Banshee Mockup 2: List View with Album Art Banshee Mockup 3: List View without Album Art The list views are more or less the same with the exception of being able to see album art on the one while browsing through your music, often I find it too cluttered when browsing through a large music library with a list view, maybe if we were to break the continuous flow with relevant information in headings sub headings and artwork. Videos can get a similar treatment. Mockup-1.pngMockup-2.pngMockup-3.png