Re: [Banshee-List] Editing MP3 Tag's

On 03/01/11 17:47, gnomeuser gmail com wrote:

2011/1/2 Richard <richard bosek gmail com <mailto:richard bosek gmail com>>

    On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 02:03:20 -0500 you wrote:

       Dear  Banshee

     > Also, if you have multiple tracks selected, you can edit metadata for
     > all of them at the same time by filling in the field, then clicking
     > the button to the right of the field.  That button will push the
     > metadata for that field to all selected tracks.  Hope that helps!

    It did helped. Thank to You and IBBoard.

    One more thing. I have lot's of mp3. Lets take for example Alfie OST.
    I have few songs from that album but Banshee shows 5 icons of Alfie
    OST for almost each artist that is performing. Mick Jagger, Joss
    Stone, Dave Stuart and   others. link to preview is here:
    http://www.studiobosek.com/Screenshot.png

    How to merge it into one album called Alfie OST please ?

Select songs, right click and select edit song information

Click the tickbox to set artist for compliation, type Various Artists or
whatever is correct here. Click the two page icon next to the text box
to apply to all selected songs and click save.

- David

Just to expand and explain on that, Banshee is handling things correctly at the moment - you've got different albums with different artists, so it assumes they're different albums (e.g. I think there are multiple "The White Album" albums, not just the Beatles). The "Compilation Album Artist" is intentionally there for a) full compilations with a complete mix of artists and b) "featuring..." tracks where you want to record the featured artist, but keep the track as part of the same album. The former normally gets "Various" or similar in the "Compilation artist" while the latter will get the name of the main band as the compilation artist.

Hope that helps and explains things :)

IBBoard