Re: [Banshee-List] Importing audiobooks

I asked the questions below on the list last summer and didn't get an
answer, which was OK since I got busy and didn't have much time to play
around with Banshee.  However, I just upgraded to 1.9.1 and am trying to
deal with audiobooks again, and it turns out I still have the same
questions, so I'd like to re-ask them now:

Todd Wilson wrote, on 07/19/2010 08:23 PM:
> 1. How are audiobooks imported?  I've put them in ~/Audiobooks already
> but "Rescan Music Library" doesn't find them, even though there is an
> "Audiobooks, etc." source in the preferences that is pointing to this
> directory.  When I try to import them with Media -> Import Media...,
> they get put into the Music Library track list, and then I have to drag
> and drop them to "Audiobooks, etc" in the browser, which takes a lot of
> time (and some copying?).  The metadata for the files already include
> "Release Type: audiobook".
>
> 2. What does the "File Organization" options folder hierarchy and file
> name in the preferences do?  They don't seem to have any effect on the
> way the files are stored in ~/Audiobooks.

Also, re Question 1, I have the following additional issue:  When I do
drag my audiobook tracks from my music library to the "Audiobooks, etc"
source, they show up correctly as audiobooks, but they are still listed
as tracks (and albums) in my Music source.  If I delete them from the
Music library, then although the albums are still listed in the
"Audiobooks, etc" source, when I click on one of these audiobooks, I get
the tracks of a different audiobook instead.  Upon restarting banshee,
they are deleted from "Audiobooks, etc" as well.  My other audiobooks
(added previously) are not also in the Music library, so it must be
possible to have audiobooks that don't show up there, but I don't know
how to do it.

Thanks for any information and help you can give.  I'm looking forward
to the 2.0 release and Banshee becoming the Ubuntu default.

Todd Wilson