Re: [Banshee-List] How-To: Create Banshee Plugin for Media Drive

Hi,

Just try to create a basic extension first using the information you
find in the links provided by Matt. Then start to figure out how to
use the Banshee codebase in your extension (you just need the right
usings, I hope you use an IDE like MonoDevelop with code completion,
that helps to find stuff). The codebase is organized quite self
explaining, but sometimes there are a couple of ambigious pathes for
things.

I would assume you connect your device through USB? Then start by
seeing if you can identify it using the functionality in and around
http://git.gnome.org/browse/banshee/tree/src/Backends/Banshee.Gio/Banshee.Hardware.Gio/UsbDevice.cs
I'd keep it simple in the beginning and just try to find the device
first, using Debug output (use Hyena.Log namespace for that). Then
walk boldly from there.

I guess that should be what you're actually looking for, right?

Hope I was helpful in some way

Frank