Re: [Banshee-List] Stand Alone Theme Support

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair gmail com> wrote:
> On 09/08/2011 02:35, gnomeuser gmail com wrote:
>>

>> 2011/8/8 TheCapulet <Curnel_D hotmail com <mailto:Curnel_D hotmail com>>
>>
>>     I've really only based my info on gnome 3 on word of mouth from friends who
>>     have tried it.
>>
>>     As for ubuntu still using compiz, I understand that.  But when enabling gtk
>>     though the compiz window manager, my DE is incredibly unstable.  A DE
>>     disconnected theme integration for Banshee would fix that entirely, and
>>     really enable some theme artists to do some really cool things with Banshee.
>>

>> Banshee will use the theme currently set as the GTK+ theme. On OS X and Windows
>> I believe these approximate the native themes.
>>
>> It is not tied to the DE in any other way theming wise.
>
> I recall there being something in Windows to change the Gtk+ theme as well, so
> you can have a non-standard Gtk+ theme in Windows. It'll apply for all Gtk+
> applications though.

In addition, Banshee will automatically load the following GTK
resource file if it is present, which allows you to do your own
theming if you want :
$HOME/.config/banshee-1/gtkrc

For more info :
http://developer.gnome.org/gtk/2.24/gtk-Resource-Files.html

And yes, this feature has been ported (in our gtk3 branch) to the new
theming infrastructure in GTK+ 3.0, which now uses standard CSS
notation :

http://git.gnome.org/browse/banshee/commit/?h=gtk3&id=39499be5

--
Bertrand Lorentz