Re: [Banshee-List] Custom folder hierarchy

Well if that's the case, then you should be able to have the library browser group and sort by Album Artist instead of Artist, because then it has the problem of separating all the albums who have multiple Artists. And when you're browsing your library it has Korn and Korn feat. Foo etc., it should just list the Album Artist Korn, then on the song browser part it would show the various artists next to the album title.
--
Tory Gaurnier

Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM, KoRnKloWn <torygaurnier gmail com> wrote:
> I would love there to be an option for a custom folder hierarchy. I have lots
> of albums with mixed album artists, and the library organizes by library, so
> for instance I have a bunch of KoRn albums, but a lot of the songs are
> featuring multiple artists, so Album Artists will be KoRn feat. ARTIST, and
> the folder hierarchy ends up putting these artists in their own folder, and
> it doubles up the amount of Album Art being saved as well, which uses up
> disk space. It is my opinion that these things should all be organized by
> Artists rather than Album Artists, because if I understand correctly the
> Album Artist meta data is reserved for the actual track artists, for
> instance if Artist is Various Artists, then A lbum Artist would be the actual
> artists who are on the tracks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I
> understand it.

I think you have it backwards : "Album Artist" is the artist for the
whole album. So in your example it should be set to "KoRn" or maybe
"KoRn and Friends" for all tracks of that album. Of course you have to
check the "Compilation Album Artist" to be able o modify the Album
Artist.

Individual tracks can then have different values for "Artist", like
"KoRn feat. Foo" and "KoRn feat. Bar"

I hope this helps.

--
Bertrand Lorentz