Re: [Banshee-List] Custom playlist target folders for removable devices

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:52 PM, Martin G <ebisumartin gmail com> wrote:
> I want to keep a few different playlists of music. One of ambient
> music, one of electronica, one of general pop, and so on. However,
> with the current interface, I can only link the "Music" sync option to
> one playlist at a time.

I assume your library is bigger than your device otherwise you can
sync your entire library and it will bring playlists along as well.

> The ideal would be for me to create as many sync options for my device
> as I have playlists.
>
> As a further step, I don't understand the logic, if there is any,
> behind how Banshee transfers files to the phone. When I try to sync
> the music files to the Android, it creates subdirectories using the
> artist name and album and so on, and splatters them all over the root
> directory in my phone, creating a mess.

This is abnormal, on most adroid devices, music goes under a "Music"
folder.  From that point it generally follows the format specfied
under Edit> Preferences> Source Specific> Folder Hierarchy.  What kind
of device do you have?

> The ideal would be for me to specify multiple sync options of my own
> creation and link them to directories of my own creation. So, I create
> a "Pop" playlist. I have a "Pop" sync option in my device interface,
> and I have a "Pop" directory on my device. When I sync, it takes all
> the music files from that playlist and syncs them to the directory on
> my device (without subdirectories).
>
> Is something like that possible?

Even if it were, I don't know that it would be helpful since the
Android music app searches the entire device for supported music, so
it would still be lumped together.  Your best bet is to sync your
entire library if your device has enough space.  If not is seems there
was some smart playlist magic that you can do (there was some mailing
list traffic about it a couple weeks ago, but I didn't follow that
thread).