Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee permanently scanning BPM

BPM detection can be a long and CPU-intensive process, but unless you have a really huge library, it seems a bit unlikely that it's actually doing anything at this point.  If you're curious, you might see something in the log if you run Banshee from Terminal with the command "banshee --debug".

Personally, I've never found the BPM detection to be very accurate, so if you don't need it and you're worried about resource consumption, you can always disable it in Edit > Preferences > Source Specific > checkbox at the bottom ("Automatically detect BPM...")

Michael