Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee doesn't recognize LG Optimus S Android phone

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Daniel Hughes <trampster gmail com> wrote:
> As far as I know each new android device has to be added manually before
> banshee will recognize it.
> Because banshee in Ubuntu is only updated every 6 months. Any android phone
> released outside of the cycle will have to wait for the following.
<snip>
> So if we add that up worst case is 1 year and 3 months (very rough)
> This is over half way through the expected life of a high end smart phone (2
> years)

Well, I'm using the PPA for Banshee now, in hopes of having the
latest, greatest version. 2.0 (which supposedly has information I
provided so my phone will work!) was released yesterday, but wasn't in
the PPA as of last night... I assume the PPA is updated more often
than every 6 months. That's probably the best way to get more frequent
updates.