[Banshee-List] Banshee doesn't recognize LG Optimus S Android phone

I'd like to be able to sync my LG Optimus S Android Device with playlists and
music from Banshee but it's not being recognized.

I'm running Banshee 1.8.1 on Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick), the device runs
Android 2.2.2

Gnome recognizes the device when I put it in USB storage mode, Banshee does
not - even with the Mass Storage Media Player extension on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Matt