Re: [Banshee-List] Help user in showing how to import music into banshee

Le mardi 22 juin 2010 à 14:48 -0400, Alex Launi a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com>
> wrote:
>         We used to pop up the Import dialog on first run.  I've
>         thought about
>         bringing that back, and/or letting the user choose their Music
>         library
>         location (and then implicitly importing it).

In fact, the idea is quite different: showing "you can drop file there
or do that to import your music" is less intrusive than a popup (maybe I
should start banshee to listen radio?).
And first popup on launch, are IMHO, things that users generally skip.
Without an easy way to popup it back.

> Do we have usage stats on what directories our users have set as their
> music library? If most of our users have ~/Music or whatever is set in
> $XDG_MUSIC_DIR why don't we just run the scanner on first run and
> import their library for them?

So, my idea is (from a distro perspective and I imagine it can't fit in
upstream view) to show "no music is available currently in your library,
you can either put some in <import location> or trigger File -> Import.

The Notification that Bertrand made (see my first email) show that, the
issue is that I wish this could be shown in either the Banshee interface
or in the MeeGo one, and that's where my lack of Banshee and Mono
knowledge clearly appears there :-)

Is that more clear?
Didier