Re: [Banshee-List] Help user in showing how to import music into banshee

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
We used to pop up the Import dialog on first run.  I've thought about
bringing that back, and/or letting the user choose their Music library
location (and then implicitly importing it).

Do we have usage stats on what directories our users have set as their music library? If most of our users have ~/Music or whatever is set in $XDG_MUSIC_DIR why don't we just run the scanner on first run and import their library for them?

Maybe if people feel that this is too much of an imposition on the user then we could have a two button dialog that asks them "hey we're going to import your music from $XDG_MUSIC_DIR, press import to continue or change the directory that you'd like banshee to look for music files."

We could at some point use tracker to just import music so we don't have to really even worry about the directory hierarchy.

--
-- Alex Launi