Re: [Banshee-List] possible to mark all songs UNHEARD

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:34:08 -0700 (PDT)
rebeltaz <mrmagnet bellsouth net> wrote:

> Maybe if I ask this a different way... Where is the PlayCount for
> each song stored? In the MP3 itself or in a Banshee database? Is
> there no way to reset that parameter?

It is stored in Banshee's database, and possibly in the song as well,
if you had the "Write play counts and ratings to files" option set in
the Preferences. However, resetting PlayCount to 0 in Banshee's
database is enough to make Banshee believe that nothing has been
played before, as long as you don't ask Banshee to re-scan the
collection. See option #2 below for an easy way to do this.

> I've got over 3000 songs so, the idea below seems like it would take
> a lot of effort....
>
> I do appreciate all of the effort, though...

To summarize, there are two feasible options proposed:
1. Create a smart playlist with the limit parameter, limiting the size
   of the playlist to approximately 100, sorted by "Least recently
   played" or otherwise "Least often played"

2. Clear play counts in Banshee's database, requires one terminal
   command, with Banshee not running.

   $ sqlite ~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db "update CoreTracks set
   PlayCount=0"

Both of of the options highlighted here are very simple to carry out,
and shouldn't take more than a minute. Now, what effort are you
talking about? ;-)

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin