Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee-alarm-Extension

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 23:33 +0100, osfight.de wrote:
> I can't make it work using the 0.4.3 binary and Banshee-1.5.1.
>
> Log:
>
>  banshee
> [Info  22:50:20.544] Running Banshee 1.5.1: [Ubuntu karmic
> (development branch) (linux-gnu, x86_64) @ 2009-10-19 15:42:39 UTC]

<snip>
> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown
> by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException:
> Method not found:
> 'Banshee.Configuration.SchemaEntry<System.Int32>.Set'.
>   at Banshee.AlarmClock.AlarmConfigDialog.AlarmHour_Changed

There was a small change in the method signature (return bool instead of
void) before the 1.5.1 release. Apparently, this breaks the extension
binary, but it still compiles fine.
The download page only states that the binary works with Banshee 1.4.3,
because I only tested that at the time. Now I know it doesn't work with
later version ;)

Anyway, you're better off using a package for your distro, now available
for Ubuntu in your finest PPA :
https://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/ppa

PS : Small points of etiquette
- When replying to a message, please quote the relevant part of that
message
- Please don't start a new thread by replying to an existing e-mail and
changing the subject. The mailing-list archives (and some e-mail
clients) will still consider the message as part of the original thread.

Those 2 things make discussions much easier to follow.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>