Re: [Banshee-List] Mockup for Banshee 2.0 toolbar.

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Matt Sturgeon <mttza1 gmail com> wrote:
> Ok, sorry - the emails still arnt going through - im going to host a
> page on my website. The page is located here:
> http://www.kicks.co.cc/banshee-mockup/

Thanks, I was just going to suggest you to do just that ;)
And thanks also for all those mockups !

I would be interested in hearing more about the UI/UX problem(s)
you're trying to solve here, and about the improvements those changes
bring to the user.

If one of those is about having a wider seek slider, I'd like to hear
why you feel this is necessary.
With the current layout (1.9.0 and above), a slider that is about 250
pixels wide fits comfortably on my 1280px wide screen. And that gives
you about 1 pixel per second for your average 4 minutes song. And
anyway, I rarely rewind or skip forward, and if I do, it's more like
"let's go back near the start" or "let's skip the slow start of that
song and go somewhere in the middle".
For the other, less frequent, use cases, like precision seeking in an
hour long podcast, I think those should be handled through the "Seek
to" dialog or bookmarks, maybe with additional refinements to these
features.
(Yes, the "Seek to" dialog was a bit broken in 1.9.0, it's fixed in git master).

--
Bertrand Lorentz