Re: [Banshee-List] Mockup for Banshee 2.0 toolbar.

Am 09.12.2010 17:20, schrieb zekopeko:
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Matt Sturgeon <mttza1 gmail com
<mailto:mttza1 gmail com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I today spent a considerable part of the night creating this mockup
    of how i think the banshee toolbar should look. You should find it
    both attached and embedded as html.

    I also included my GIMP xcf file (fully layered, with intuitive
    layer-names) if anyone wants to have a play around.

    MOST of the fundamental changes should be simple and at
    widget-toolkit level, however the overlapping
    progress-slider-drag-button (which id like to only be shown when the
    progress-bar is hovered over) may be more difficult to implement. If
    anything is too difficult to implement by 2.0, or goes against the
    vision of banshee's future, please email me and well discuss it :)

    Changes:
    * Moved the Repeat mode chooser to the main toolbar, thus removing
    the need for a status bar, and saving space.
    * Moved the progress tool to the bottom-edge of the toolbar, the
    drag-button should be a kinda 'autohide', only appearing when the
    mouse hovers over the progress-bar.
    * the timestamp/progress-clock is moved to a position under the
    playback controls, since the progress-bar is no longer in the main
    section of the toolbar, this is more intuitive, and a better option
    than placing it inline, or deprecating it.
    * Since the statusbar is removed, the main section of the window has
    around 30/40 pixals more space, for the sake of moving one button
    (plus any extention buttons) to the toolbar.
    * To prevent bugs caused by the missing statusbar, items that would
    otherwize be drawn there should be drawn on the right of the
    toolbar. (the same place the Simplify, or Visualizations buttons
    appear).

    Original screenshot taken on Ubuntu Desktop 11.04 Alpha 1, with
    banshee 1.9.0.