Re: [Banshee-List] Performance for Banshee 2.0

2010/12/10 Neil McKenzie <neilbags gmail com>
I'm also having some performance issues. I'm on the daily from ubuntu ppa, but I also experienced this slowness on 1.80.

When I skip tracks, the next track starts playing instantly, but it takes at least 3-4 seconds to highlight (turn text to bold, and add play icon to) the next track. Furthermore, it takes another 3-4 seconds before the Progress-bar, the track info on the status-bar, and the cover art are updated. When the progress bar updates, its usually already on 0:07, or 0:08.

Is this normal?

The correct question seems to be is this desirable, to which the answer is no. Banshee is not really being it's awesome self here. However I have seen this behavior as well, I think we may need to investigate further. Can you please file a bug.

www.banshee.fm/file-bugs