[Banshee-List] Boo scripting not operational in banshee 1.8.0

Folks,

banshee: 1.8.0-r1
banshee-community-plugins: 1.8.0
boo: 0.9.3.3457
gentoo 2.6.33.7-rt29 #2 SMP PREEMPT RT

I have my media arranged in a certain fashion and would like to use
banshee to rip it.  While looking for ways to adjust the file name
format when importing from cd i came across this discussion of how to do
it with boo scripting:
http://abock.org/2007/01/04/things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-banshee-part-1

The boo plugin shows up in banshee and is enabled.  I have the following
script:

cat /home/bearcat/.config/banshee-1/boo-scripts/audio_file_names.boo

Banshee.Base.FileNamePattern.Filter = { songpath as string |
    @/[ ]+/.Replace(@/[^0-9A-Za-z\/ ]+/.Replace(songpath, "").ToLower(),
"_    }

-rwxr-xr-x 1 bearcat bearcat 146 Dec  4 19:22 audio_file_names.boo

Doing a cntrl-shft-s does nothing (apparently) and i don't see anything
of importance when running banshee in the terminal.

Is boo still viable for banshee? I note that page is a few years old. If
it's not viable are there any other ways to do this?

My main concern is that since my fie names are all lower() that my
collection will get all fubared.

Thanks

Bearcat