Re: [Banshee-List] Can't reference other projects in Banshee Community Extensions

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Bertrand Lorentz
<bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM, KillerSponge <killersponge gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to write a Banshee plugin using the Banshee Community Extensions
>> framework and MonoDevelop. The basic example plugin compiles and works
>> perfectly, but now I need to reference another project (a Spotify library).
>> I can see the project in the reference list, and can even browse its methods
>> in the assembly browser, but when I try to compile the plugin, it crashes on
>> the line "using Spotify;", saying that "the type or namespace could not be
>> found (CS0246)". The weird thing is, when I try to reference the same
>> project in a different (empty) project, it works just fine.
>>
>> I'm quite new to C# and MonoDevelop, so I'm probably missing something
>> fairly basic... Can someone help me out on this one? :)
>
> I guess it compiles fine with MonoDevelop and you're trying to compile
> with "make" ?
>
> The references added in MonoDevelop are not automatically added to the
> autotools build system (the one used by make). So you need to edit the
> Makefile.am for you extension and modify the LINK line. Then you need
> to run "./autogen.sh" again, to regenerate the makefiles.

Here's an example:
http://gitorious.org/banshee-community-extensions/banshee-community-extensions/blobs/master/src/Telepathy/Banshee.Telepathy/Makefile.am#line2

Gabriel