[Banshee-List] Can't reference other projects in Banshee Community Extensions

I'm trying to write a Banshee plugin using the Banshee Community Extensions
framework and MonoDevelop. The basic example plugin compiles and works
perfectly, but now I need to reference another project (a Spotify library).
I can see the project in the reference list, and can even browse its methods
in the assembly browser, but when I try to compile the plugin, it crashes on
the line "using Spotify;", saying that "the type or namespace could not be
found (CS0246)". The weird thing is, when I try to reference the same
project in a different (empty) project, it works just fine.

I'm quite new to C# and MonoDevelop, so I'm probably missing something
fairly basic... Can someone help me out on this one? :)